Monday, October 21, 2013

there are so many snaps


I want to thank you, our incredible readers, for the outpour of support in response to last Friday’s post. Your comments, emails, and messages were so, so appreciated – more than you may ever know. It was very hard to share that, but you made me glad I did. Scott and I will get through this, largely because of the kindness and support of those around us.

And though motherhood has been no small feat, and it has its fair share of downs, they are far outweighed by the ups – the multitude of daily treasures, however routine. Like getting Clay dressed in the morning.

Lately everything is hilarious to Clay, and even the small act of picking out a onesie and pant combo merits peals of laughter. This is good, because Scott and I still haven’t worked out the intricacies of his outfits. It can take all of the morning to put on a footed jumpsuit, only to notice in the middle of the afternoon that our baby has been off a snap the whole day. But in the midst of his ever incompetent parents, Clay keeps laughing. Oh to live like that.  

-Eleanor

Note From Scott:  I still can't dress myself; this kid has no hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment